At LGP we have the services and expertise to support procurement capability and efficiencies for the local government sector
How we deliver our value:
- We are customer focused
- We are innovating our organisation
- We reduce cost
- We reduced risk
- We offer a broad suite of services that form an integrated procurement solution
- We promote learning and procurement capability development
- We invest back into the local government sector
- We focus on growing regional economic development.
We are an innovative leader, expert and champion delivering high-value procurement solutions, education and consulting services. We achieve this aspiration through engaged, empowered and accountable staff who enjoy being part of our talented team.
LGP's values are:
LGP provides fully integrated procurement services. These services include establishing contract panels, consulting, professional development and contract management. Our customers include NSW councils, not for profit organisations, universities, state government agencies and departments.
LGP is a business arm of Local Government NSW (LGNSW), the membership association for all councils in NSW. LGP is also a ‘prescribed entity’ under s55 of the Local Government Act 1993 (NSW) and the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005 (NSW). This means that councils do not need to go to tender for values greater than the tendering threshold (as they normally would be required to do) and may, instead, utilise supply arrangements coordinated by LGP.
Since commencing in 2006, it is estimated that LGP has been responsible for saving eligible customers hundreds of millions of dollars. This has been achieved through better pricing via economies of scale and time and opportunity cost savings in not needing to go out to tender. In the 2016/17 financial year LGP approved customers spent $517 million through LGP contracts. Based on council expenditure for this period, LGP refunded in excess of $1 million to councils and ROCs/JOs through its rebate refund program.
LGP’s core business is to establish compliant contracts and approved contractor panels to be used by councils, not for profit organisations, universities, state government agencies and departments.
LGP’s comprehensive legal, due diligence, probity systems and prescription status under s55 of the Local Government Act 1993 (NSW) ensure that all contracts are established following a full tendering process compliant with the Tendering Guidelines for NSW Local Government 2009. This approach provides assurance that panels only include suppliers who have successfully met a compliant evaluation and acceptance process.
LGP Consulting Team
LGP Consulting Team conduct tenders and other procurement related services for customers. The LGP Consulting Team ensure tendering processes follow best practice principles and may include:
- Inviting of tenders for goods and services on your behalf
- Evaluation of tender responses
- Selection of suppliers
- Organisational procurement process auditing
- Provision of contract and tender advice
- Ongoing management and benchmarking of contracts and suppliers
- Probity advice.
Professional Development and Resources
LGP provides resources, procurement training and professional development opportunities, including:
- An annual training calendar of procurement focused workshops
- Nationally accredited qualifications in Procurement and Contracting at Certificate IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma levels
- Local Government Procurement Annual Conference
- Regular networking meetings for procurement professionals
- Procurement business tools including procurement management resources with basic guidelines and benchmarking materials
- Newsletters and industry updates
- An online procurement forum for local government staff.
Local Government Procurement is a Pty Ltd company that reports to a Board of Directors.