Sustainable Choice can provide sustainable procurement training and modern slavery awareness training that is tailored specifically to your council needs. Our suite of training courses covers the following topic areas:
- ISO 20400 – Sustainable Procurement
- Sustainable Procurement Awareness
- Modern Slavery Awareness
ISO 20400 Sustainable Procurement Training
Sustainable Choice offers training based on the new ISO 20400:2017 guidance standard on sustainable procurement. The training includes interactive, hands on one-day training for both management and operational staff in understanding and integrating sustainability into the procurement process, based on the new ISO 20400 standard.
The training can support your organisation’s initiatives in the following areas:
- Managing pollution, waste and energy issues in your business and supply chains
- Creating local jobs and boosting the local economy
- Ensuring your supply chains are safe from unsafe labour practices and human rights issues
Sustainable Procurement Awareness Training
Sustainable Choice’s Sustainable Procurement Awareness Training can be delivered in-person, or as an e-learning video tutorial. The bespoke training is designed and tailored to meet the specific needs of your council. The training typically covers the following topics.
- General awareness of sustainable procurement, what it is and why it is important.
- Brief overview of ISO 20400 and how it can be used.
- How does sustainable procurement align with your council’s strategies.
- Overview of your council’s sustainable procurement governance and how it relates to operational staff and their role.
Modern Slavery Awareness Training
Sustainable Choice’s Modern Slavery Awareness Training is a 90-minute session delivered in-person, that is targeted to all levels of staff within councils. The session covers the following topics.
- What is modern slavery?
- What are the different forms of modern slavery?
- Where is modern slavery most prevalent?
- Industries and products with higher modern slavery risks.
- Clues that identify a possible victim of modern slavery.
- Modern slavery legislation affecting NSW local government.
- What your council is doing to manage modern slavery risks in its supply chain.
- An outline of the expectations and responsibilities of Council staff in relation to modern slavery prevention.