The Power of Procurement
The Local Government Procurement Annual Conference is an established leading industry event within NSW local government.
The conference provides opportunities to learn and gain knowledge from industry experts and peers about a range of procurement topics and challenges within the sector. It also serves as a platform to develop new professional networks while reinforcing existing working relationships.
'The Power of Procurement' is the theme of the Annual Conference 2018 and will demonstrate:
- the value of procurement and how you can use this to significantly elevate the importance of procurement within your organisation
- how to put procurement on the strategic agenda of your organisation
- what are other procurement leaders are doing to demonstrate the power of procurement within their organisation
In the past, our core audience, procurement professionals and managers from NSW local government, National Procurement Network state bodies, Not for Profit and academic sectors have benefited from the conference. Based on keen interest from the private sector to attend the conference, this year we are opening the event to procurement professionals from the private sector to join us in the discussion.
The conference is an ideal event for those involved in procurement, in particular:
- Procurement Managers
- Governance Managers
- Purchasing Officers
- Contracts Managers
- General Managers and Senior Managers
The conference has been designed to demonstrate how procurement can, in fact, be powerful by featuring topics that revolve around global procurement trends, technology, business intelligence, data management and analytics and contract management. These sessions will be delivered by experienced and knowledgeable leaders and industry professionals with sector expertise.
Benefits of attending include:
- Gaining valuable knowledge from industry experts and peers
- Developing your professional network
- Enhancing your capabilities
Register now to avail the early bird rate and save $$$.
Dates and location
Thursday 18 and Friday 19 October 2018 at Doltone House Pyrmont
The conference is open to procurement professionals from the public and private sector as well as not for profit and academic sectors. The conference will be held on Thursday 18 October and Friday 19 October 2018 at Doltone House, Darling Island, Ground Floor, 48 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont.
For our local government procurement professionals, exclusive pre-conference networking drinks will be held on Wednesday 17 October.
Click here to view the conference program.
- Tanya Harris – Global Procurement Manager – The Fred Hollows Foundation
- Olga Petinis – Associate Director, Advisory – KPMG
- Mary Sabin – AI Lead ANZ – Accenture
- Peter Mifsud – Chief Executive Officer (Marketplace Services) – Peak Services
- Katrina Donaghy – Co-CEO and Co-Founder – Civic Ledger
- Chris Clark – Chief Executive Officer – AVCRM
- Robert Day – GIS Analyst – Tamworth Regional Council
- Sam Wesley – Director, Procurement and Vendor Management – Optus
- Ellisha Waddle – Manager, Indirect Products and Services, TST & Uptime Purchasing Australia – Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing
- Danny Andrews – Section Manager Stores and Purchasing Governance – Central Coast Council
- Peter Tegart – Chief Executive Officer – Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council
- Matthias Fuchs – Chief Procurement Officer – Boral
- Dr Andrew 'Jacko' Jacopino – Senior Advisor – Ngamuru Advisory
- Joe Cavagnino – Procurement Services Manager – Inner West Council
- Cindy Garrahy – Program Leader Procurement Contracts and Leases – Armidale Regional Council
- Rachael Robertson – Antarctic expedition leader, bestselling author and leadership expert
- Rudi Pircher – Director, Technology and Support Services – NSW Procurement
- Boris Kravtsov – Technology Solutions Professional – Advanced Analytics & AI – Microsoft
Special accommodation rates have been negotiated. For more information on accommodation please view/download the Accommodation Brochure.
Planning & Specifications Development Training
Wednesday 17 October - Register Now!
This workshop has been scheduled on the day prior to the conference. This is a full-day course designed to provide participants with information on the key principles that need to be observed when writing best practice procurement planning and specifications development. Learn to develop a basic plan to develop requirements, ensuring that contract arrangements are effective and practical. The course examines the importance of stakeholder consultation and teaches participants how to identify and engage with stakeholders to effectively identify requirements.
Click for More Details
For further information contact the LGP Events Team, Emma Murray or Selina Pinheiro or call 02 8270 8743.
Dinner Drinks Entertainment
Lanyard Name Badge Pen