The Power of Procurement
The Local Government Procurement Annual Conference is an established leading industry event within NSW local government.
The conference provides opportunities to learn and gain knowledge from industry experts and peers about a range of procurement topics and challenges within the sector. It also serves as a platform to develop new professional networks while reinforcing existing working relationships.
'The Power of Procurement' is the theme of the Annual Conference 2018 and will demonstrate:
- the value of procurement and how you can use this to significantly elevate the importance of procurement within your organisation
- how to put procurement on the strategic agenda of your organisation
- what are other procurement leaders are doing to demonstrate the power of procurement within their organisation
In the past, our core audience, procurement professionals and managers from NSW local government, National Procurement Network state bodies, Not for Profit and academic sectors have benefited from the conference. Based on keen interest from the private sector to attend the conference, this year we are opening the event to procurement professionals from the private sector to join us in the discussion.
The conference is an ideal event for those involved in procurement, in particular:
- Procurement Managers
- Governance Managers
- Purchasing Officers
- Contracts Managers
- General Managers and Senior Managers
The conference has been designed to demonstrate how procurement can, in fact, be powerful by featuring topics that revolve around global procurement trends, technology, business intelligence, data management and analytics and contract management. These sessions will be delivered by experienced and knowledgeable leaders and industry professionals with sector expertise.
Benefits of attending include:
- Gaining valuable knowledge from industry experts and peers
- Developing your professional network
- Enhancing your capabilities
Register now to avail the early bird rate and save $$$.
Dates and location
The conference will be held on Thursday 18 October and Friday 19 October 2018 at Doltone House, Darling Island, Ground Floor, 48 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont.
Click here to view Conference Program.
- Tanya Harris – Global Procurement Manager – The Fred Hollows Foundation
- Olga Petinis – Associate Director, Advisory – KPMG
- Mary Sabin – AI Lead ANZ – Accenture
- Peter Mifsud – Peak Services
- Katrina Donaghy – Co-CEO and Co-Founder – Civic Ledger
- Chris Clark – Chief Executive Officer – AVCRM
- Sam Wesley – Director, Procurement and Vendor Management – Optus
- Caroline Jiang – Vice President, Group Trucks Purchasing Australia – Volvo
- Danny Andrews – Section Manager Stores and Purchasing Governance – Central Coast Council
- Matthias Fuchs – Chief Procurement Officer – Boral
- Dr Andrew 'Jacko' Jacopino – Senior Advisor – Ngamuru Advisory
Register now to access the early bird rate (ends on 14 September)
Special accommodation rates have been negotiated. For more information on accommodation please view/download the Accommodation Brochure.
The conference provides a unique opportunity for suppliers to showcase their goods and services to a cross-section of procurement professionals across the public and private sectors and key decision makers from across the state over two days. It is also an excellent opportunity to attract potential customers and build on existing relationships already established. Based on previous year's attendance and opening the event to our supplier base it is anticipated that over 200 procurement professionals will attend the conference from around the state.
Planning & Specifications Development Training
Wednesday 17 October - Register Now!
This workshop has been scheduled on the day prior to the conference. This is a full-day course designed to provide participants with information on the key principles that need to be observed when writing best practice procurement planning and specifications development. Learn to develop a basic plan to develop requirements, ensuring that contract arrangements are effective and practical. The course examines the importance of stakeholder consultation and teaches participants how to identify and engage with stakeholders to effectively identify requirements.
Click for More Details
For further information contact the LGP Events Team, Emma Murray or Selina Pinheiro or call 02 8270 8743.
Dinner Lanyard Name Badge