Building Procurement Capability and Embracing Innovation
The eleventh annual Local Government Procurement Conference was conducted on 30 November and 1 December at the Sydney Masonic Centre. With a theme of Building Procurement Capability and Embracing Innovation the conference addressed key topics revolving around the procurement profession, technology, supplier relationship management, sustainability, innovation and future trends
The feedback from delegates at the conclusion of the conference was very good with many delegates taking away information to be implemented back at their organisation.
The full conference program can be viewed here and the presentations available for download are below:
- Sue Woodall – Are diversity and integrity essential ingredients for performing teams?
- Melissa Gibbs – Innovation and capability
- Jean-Louis Haie – ISO 20400 – A guide to integrating sustainability within procurement
- Monica Kelly – Innovative contracts
- Sue Woodall – Panel: How can innovation in public sector procurement build local government’s capability
- Jonathan Dutton – Does procurement have the capability to match our ambition and stakeholder expectations?
- James Leathem – The emerging role of technology in driving social procurement outcomes
- Harry Banga – The “Value” of quantifying value!
- Merrick Spain Decoding digital cities – Making things real
For a copy of Merrick Spain's presentation contact Emma Murray, and a hightail link will be sent to you (file size is 38MB).
The conference is a great opportunity to showcase your business or organisation and connect and network with local government professionals in formal and informal settings. If you would like to register your interest for the 2018 Conference please contact the Events Team.
For further information contact the LGP Events Team, Emma Murray or Selina Pinheiro or call 02 8270 8743.