What are the Member Benefits?
Member councils enjoy the benefits of being part of a large network, including the sharing of knowledge, experience and resources with other members. As a member of Sustainable Choice, your council will get exclusive access to a range of resources, products and services, some of which are listed below:
- Join a network of councils
- General advice and guidance when required
- Access to comprehensive suite of online resources
- Free attendance at sustainable procurement workshops and forums
- Up-to-date product development through forums with suppliers
- Quarterly newsletters showcasing sustainable procurement initiatives and achievements, new products and interesting facts
- Access to the Sustainable Choice Products and Services Database, a comprehensive online supplier database listing suppliers of sustainable products and services by category and location. All suppliers, products and services are assessed against a number of sustainability indicators prior to inclusion in the database. The listings indicate which indicators have been met.
- Access to a range of resource documents, including fact and guidance sheets on specific products, services and sustainable procurement issues, including:
- Other councils’ sustainable procurement, fleet and events policies
- Pre-prepared draft media release
- Sustainable tendering guidelines
- Product briefing papers
- Past workshop resources and presentations
- Case studies
Additionally as a member you will be able to access fee-based Sustainable Choice services at a discounted rate, such as:
- Annual Sustainable Procurement Scorecard and Performance Report that identifies council progress
- Sustainable procurement training
- ISO 20400 training
- ISO 20400 gap analysis
How to Become a Sustainable Choice Member
- Contact the Sustainable Choice Team – email or call 02 8270 8703 to speak to a member of the team
- Resolution – a council resolution re-affirming council’s support for sustainable procurement and committing council to Sustainable Choice membership
- Membership – is free of charge
- Utilise Services – progress sustainable procurement within your council by utilising the Sustainable Choice services.
For more information please contact the Sustainable Choice team or call 02 8270 8703.