Diploma of Procurement and Contracting
Overview: This qualification allows for the attainment of competencies required for independent and self-directed work as a procurement and contract manager in the public sector. It is suitable for individuals who apply integrated technical and theoretical concepts in a broad range of contexts to undertake advanced skilled duties in a procurement and contracting environment. Local Government Procurement (LGP) in partnership with Major Training Services (MTS) Pty Ltd (RTO Code 90748) is offering this course for its clients. MTS has the subject matter expertise and has been providing procurement and contract management training services to Australian Commonwealth, State Government, Local Government agencies and other corporations for the last twenty years.
- Hold at least a Certificate IV Qualification or higher to address Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements (or sit the LLN Level 4 assessment prior to course).
- Three years’ work experience in a procurement or business role and are looking to broaden the procurement/contracting skills and knowledge.
- Are working in Teams within business units with established business plans, policies and business processes.
- Have met the minimum standards for performance in current roles.
- Evidence of above to be submitted at enrolment by way of a CV and/or supporting documentation from the employer. Please send these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after filling this enrolment form.
Course duration: Obtaining a diploma typically requires 1-2 years of learning. However, at an accelerated pace targeted at experienced procurement practitioners, it is set up to be delivered over 12 full days (8.30 AM to 4:30 PM) in three modules. It is mandatory to attend all the three modules as you will be required to complete assessment activities during this time. It is mandatory to attend all the three modules as you will be required to complete assessment activities during this time. Apart from the assessment activities done in the class, you will require extra time beyond these twelve days to complete additional assessments. The time needed to complete these assessments will vary, depending on an individual’s preference and capabilities.
Venue: LGP Office (Level 11, 55 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000). The participants have the option to attend the course (partial/full) remotely via Zoom.
Next Intake: (participants must attend all the modules)
Module 1: Mon, 03 Apr 2023 – Thu, 06 Apr 2023
Module 2: Tue, 01 Aug 2023 – Fri, 04 Aug 2023
Module 3: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 – Fri, 13 Oct 2023
PS: The course will go ahead as scheduled, subject to getting the minimum required enrolments. LGP will confirm the status at least three weeks out.
Full course fee: $5,100 (GST exempt) per person. Only after the course is confirmed to go ahead as planned, LGP will send the invoice to make the payment.
Click here to know about the course structure and the list of competency units covered in this course.
Click here to register online for the course starting on 03 April 2023.
PS: For doing any accredited training course, you need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) . If you don’t have a USI yet, please click here to create it.
For some reasons if you are unable to enrol for the upcoming intake of this course, you may still register your interest for future session. Click here to register your interest.
Course Fee (per person)
Date/s, Locations & Start Times
April 3, 2023