Advanced Diploma of Procurement and Contracting
Overview: This qualification allows for the attainment of competencies required by personnel responsible for the management of strategic procurement in public sector organisations. LGP in partnership with Major Training Services (MTS) Pty. Ltd. (RTO Code 90748) is offering this course for its clients. MTS has the subject matter expertise and has been providing procurement and contract management training services to Australian Commonwealth, State Government , Local Government agencies and other corporations for the last twenty years.
- Hold at least a Certificate IV Qualification or higher to address Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements or complete an LLN assessment prior to the course.
- Demonstrable experience in public or private sector procurement by citing examples of direct involvement in preparation of tendering documentation, evaluation of tenders and managing contracts.
- Five years’ recent work experience in conducting government or private sector procurement activities.
- Are currently working in teams within business units with established business plans, policies and business processes and have met the minimum standards for performance in their current roles.
- Have completed training provided by the employer on:
- Work, Health and Safety arrangements, fraud awareness, sustainability programs, financial management arrangements
- Evidence of above to be submitted at the time of enrolment by way of a CV and/or supporting documentation from the employer. Please send these documents to [email protected] immediately after filling the enrolment form.
Course duration: Obtaining an advanced diploma typically requires 1.5-2 years of learning. However, at an accelerated pace targeted at experienced procurement practitioners, it is set up to be delivered in three modules, over 12 full days (9.00 AM to 4:30 PM). It is mandatory to attend all the three modules as you will be required to complete assessment activities during this time. In addition to class assessments, you will require additional time beyond these twelve days to complete four (4) assessment projects; the first to be released on 30 April 2021 (4 weeks prior to Module 1) for submission at the start of Module 1. Project 2 is to be completed between Modules 1 and 2 and the remaining 2 projects are to be completed between Modules 2 and 3. The time needed to complete these assessments will vary, depending on an individual’s preference and capabilities.
Venue: LGP Office (Level 11, 55 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000). The participants have the option to attend the course (partial/full) remotely via Zoom.
Next Intake: (participants must attend all the modules)
Module 1: 1-4 June 2021
Module 2: 20-23 July 2021
Module 3: 12-15 October 2021
PS: The course will go ahead as scheduled, subject to getting the minimum required enrolments. LGP will confirm the status at least three weeks out.
Full course fee: $5,500 (GST exempt) per person. Only after the course is confirmed to go ahead as planned, LGP will send the invoice to make the payment.
Click here to know about the course structure and the list of competency units covered in this course.
Click here to register online for the course starting on 1 June 2021.
PS: For doing any accredited training course, you need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) . If you don’t have a USI yet, please click here to create it.
For some reasons if you are unable to enrol for the upcoming intake of this course, you may still register your interest for future session. Click here to register your interest.
Course Fee (per person)
Date/s, Locations & Start Times
June 1, 2021