100% owned by councils for councils, Local Government Procurement (LGP) delivers a total procurement solution to your council by providing extensive tendering, contract management and ongoing staff support.
The major benefits for your council are:
- No joining or annual fees to utilise LGP contracts;
- Significant cost and time savings: LGP has done the tendering so that you don’t have to;
- True value: combining the purchasing power of all participating councils;
- Profit sharing: supporting LGNSW or direct to your council through rebates based on purchases made through LGP by your council;
- LGP conducts a full tender process for all contracts that complies with all requirements of the Local Government Act 1993 (NSW) and the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005 (NSW)
- View how LGP has met the requirements of section 55(3) of the Local Government Act 1993 (NSW)
- Ongoing individual support through your own LGP Business Manager.
Councils can be assured that LGP processes have all the key elements required for probity, suitability and sustainability. These include:
- Comprehensive legal, due diligence and probity systems;
- Well researched product information through our solid supplier relationships;
- Clarity of local government requirements and product specifications by consulting with councils when preparing contracts;
- Ongoing supplier management, performance monitoring and benchmarking.
More than just contracts – Local Government Procurement serves councils by:
- Conducting tenders on your behalf, on a fee for service basis;
- Providing procurement leadership development;
- Delivering quality procurement training services;
- Providing procurement business tools, including a range of procurement management resources, including basic guidelines and benchmarking materials. This will be in the form of highly accessible printed and electronic resources that support purchasing staff and other managers;
- Newsletters and industry updates;
- Annual Local Government Procurement Conference;
- Leadership and industry best practice forums;
- Organisational procurement process auditing; and
- Probity advice.
All LGP project teams have council representation providing valuable input. To join a project team for an upcoming tender or to flag your interest contact LGP.