This is a practical program in which participants will develop the strategic management skills necessary to operate at the middle to senior management level in the public sector, with emphasis on conducting and managing higher level and more complex procurement processes. Participants will participate in significant case studies, negotiation scenarios, making presentations and will also examine the legal, legislative and policy framework within which higher level procurements occur.
This Advanced Diploma course will enable you to:
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of strategic procurement and contract management in the public sector, including legislative requirements.
• Understand the importance of good corporate governance and internal controls.
• Support strategic thinking in relation to government procurement issues.
• Communicate effectively with staff and other stakeholders.
• Support productive working relationships and achieve results
The Advance Diploma is 12 days long, made up of two and three-day blocks of training.
Dates and important information:
2017 dates (participants must attend all four blocks): For this course:
Block 1: 19-21 July 2017
Block 2: 28-30 August 2017
Block 3: 12-14 September 2017
Block 4: 10-12 October 2017